vendredi 25 mai 2012

7 years journey to life: Day 16: To obey or not to obey


Yesterday on tv was a show about how people obey to authority. It went to show through a scientific experiment that even if the act imposed by the authority figure goes against the values of the person executing the act, the person is more than likely to execute the act and go against its innermost fundamental values.  This experiment was made in France where a group of select individuals were placed within a situation of pressure that would challenge their values regarding the act that they were ordered to commit against another human being.



The principle of the experiment was that the people that were selected to make the experiment were given questions that they had to address to an individual that remained hidden from their sight. They were placed in an environment of pressure that was acting as a determining factor that would push/pressure the individuals to commit acts that went against their values.



The selected individuals were place in a false television set, where they were led to believe that they were participating in a television show that was named “shock effect”. They had to give electrical shocks that grew as the questions went along, to an unseen individual that they could hear. When the hidden individual would commit faults to questions that the select individuals were ordered to ask him, they were ordered to give electrical shocks through a panel that had ever increasing voltages switches that was in front of them. Each time the hidden individual would commit faults to the question asked, the selected individuals would have to press ever increasing switches that would administer electric shocks to the hidden individual.



Even though the set-up of this experiment was false, meaning that the individual that was answering the questions was an actor and would only mimic being electrocuted as the question went along, the participants of the experiment acted as if everything was real and we were able to see the reactions that they expressed as they had to shock the unseen individual to ever increasing voltages. At points where the shock administered would become harmfull, the selected participant of the experiment would hear the hidden individual scream in pain. Even though they could hear the agonizing screams of the hidden individual, about 80% of the subjects that were selected to make the experiment followed the direct orders to the end of the experiment - where they would press all of the switches that were in front of them, the last of which would administer an electric shock of about 400 volts to the unseen individual - at which point the hidden individual would appear/sound as if he was at the doorstep of death. That meant that only about 20% of the individuals went against the orders given to them by the authority figure, which in this case was the false animator of the false television program. The factors that played within the heads of those who were participating within the experiment were the fact that they were in a believed television program – they were in a real studio with real cameras and a real audience throughout the experiments – where each and every of their actions were perceived by those who were attending the false show as much as the show’s host, who remained stoic throughout all of the questions that they had to ask the hidden individual.



The fact that the majority was able to obey to the animator that was pushing them to ask the questions even if they would hear the hidden individual scream as he received ever increasing electrical shocks through false answers, shows just how much we are conditioned to obey to authority figures even if the act of obedience itself goes against the most fundamental values of what it is to be a human being in this world – at least towards the values that were programmed into us through our participation within our different upbringings.



As I was watching the television show, I kept asking myself if I would go all the way if I was in the place of those who were executing the orders of the television host. I know that I do not handle pressure well thus I believe that the amount of pressure that would be around me if I were to have been chosen to make this experiment would have played in my decisions to pursue or stop the experiment.



I remember that when I was young, the principal authority figure in my world was my father. I used to obey him out of the fear of the consequences that would happen to me if I were to do as I please instead. This impression of the authority figure as my father has been projected outward throughout all around me as I was growing up in this world making it so that I saw a piece of my father within each and all person of authority in this world.



The main ingredient that pushes one to execute the orders given by an authority figure is the fear of having to face the consequences if one is not to obey to the authority figure. Just like I feared the reactions of my father for not obeying his orders – he used to beat me when I went against his will – I also feared the reactions of those whom I perceive as having an authority upon me as I was growing up in this world.



Self-forgiveness on obedience:



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blindly obey to a figure of authority in my world.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the reactions of those which have the status of authority in this world, through me be-lie-ving/projecting the unconscious image/behaviour of my father upon those that share status of authority in this world.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear disobeying to the authority figure in my world – within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear disobeying the mind as the perceived authority of me in my world, as it is only the mind which perceives statuses of authority or subservience within beings in this world.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to follow my mind as the authority figure of me in my world.



I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that I have internalised the presence of my father as the prime example of the authority figure in my world, within my mind, whereas I follow and obey to my father as the internalised presence of authority within and as my mind throughout my participation in this world.



I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that the mind as that which I follow is the authority in my world towards which I obey out of the fear of having to face the consequences that awaits me if I am not to obey my mind throughout my participation in this world – just as I feared the dire consequences of my actions if I were to disobey the orders/commands of my father as I was growing up in this world.



I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that the mind has become the authority of me in my world, rather than realising the common sensical evidence  that the only authority of me in my world is the Physical Body as it is the only entity which has true power over me.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself as what I believe as being as the mind from my physical body as what I truly am, within the statement of “the physical body is the only entity which has true power over me” – thus not realising that within this same statement exists the foundation of my separation towards myself as what I truly am as the God of my existence which is my physical body, equal and one with and as existence itself.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the consequences of my actions as the reactions of my mind if I am not to obey the orders that I give to myself through my mind.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the reactions of my mind if I am not to follow its orders, such as the negative feelings, negative thoughts, negative emotions within which the experience of negative energy pushes/pressures me to follow the mind as thoughts, feelings and emotions just as the participant of the television show (see above) follows the orders of the fake television host because of the pressure they feel to obey even if the act of obedience goes against their values.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to follow the orders given to me by the mind, such as smoking pot, drinking alcool and smoking cigarettes even if such orders goes against my nature as the physical body – within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to harm my body through the taking of substances such as pot, alcool and cigarettes only because I fear disobeying the perceived authority in my world as the mind, within which the act of disobedience generates negative thoughts, feelings and emotions within me as negative energy that pushes/pressures me to act according to the mind’s orders so that I may experience positive thoughts, positive feelings and positive emotions as positive energy once more – within this, I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that the positive energy as the feeling of flying high experienced is only fleeting and the positive energy consumes the very life essence of me as the physical until there is no more physicality to consume within which I experience crashes as falling down thus re-experimenting negative energy – within this I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that the pursuit of positive energy invites the pursuit of negative energy and that within this, I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to realise that I entrap myself as the physical as the god of me within an endless cycle of positive to negative energy as the consumption, destruction and abuse of the physical as life continues.



I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to completely stop my participation within this endless cycle of abuse of the physical as life through me continuing with my “pursuit of happiness” through orders given to me by my mind for the pursuit of my self-interested happiness.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to work for the pursuit of my happiness while shutting a blind eye at the dire consequences of that pursuit towards my fellow living beings as each and every living being in this planet.



I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to question the mind as the authority in my world, so that I may deconstruct, see and realise that that which I blindly follow as the mind is not who I am, but a parasite which feeds on the physical as me until there is no more substance/physicality to consume.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blindly follow the mind without realising that through my obedience towards my mind, I ensure that I as the physical will continuously be consumed by my mind until there will be no more physicality to consume as death.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live a limited existence that is only existent so that the mind as the parasite of me as the physical body continues its abuse of life as the continuous consumption of physicality through the energetic possessions as the mind.



If and when I see myself moving or about to move into the mind through the "obedience" pattern, I stop, breathe, remind myself that it is a pattern of me as the mind I no longer want to engage for it is not what is best for me and what is best for all, One and Equal.



When and as I see myself moving into the automatic personality of blind obedience as "I have to act in accordance to the pursuit of my happiness", I stop, breathe, see if i have missed an opportunity to self-correct into Oneness and Equality from which the blind obedience arose, if so, I forgive myself, stand up from the blind obedience game and self-correct, if not i stop, self-forgive my participation in blind obedience as an automated response to a pattern of self-abuse and bring myself back Here in and as Breath.



I commit myself to stop myself from entertaining ideas and beliefs about "blind obedience" and from blaming myself and others as "authority figures in my world" while the only authority in this world is the physical, through the use of thoughts and emotions, ideas and beliefs, comparisons and games of winners and losers to establish myself as an example of how Life could be for everyone outside of the limited living of the Mind of illusions and back into Life as the Physical, One and Equal for every living Being.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire